Indoor range training equipment for real-world survivability
Firearms training is about more than sending rounds down range. It’s also about perceiving realistic threats such as moving targets, friend/foe discrimination, decision-making skills, cover and concealment, and low-light situations. These types of live-fire training engagements are critical to survivability in the field, allowing you to train at any time, under any condition.
XWT Wireless Target Carrier
Meggitt Training Systems offers the Next Generation Wireless Target System (XWT) to meet the need for efficient, reliable and user-friendly training systems. The XWT was the industry’s first wireless, 360° turning target retrieval system. The XWT is available in both indoor and outdoor versions, and is weather-resistant for extreme environments. It moves along a rail system, powered by an internal direct-drive, dual-motor system, with anti-static wheels for quieter, smoother operation.
The XWT pioneering technology provides a host of advantages:
- No bulky, noisy drive motors above the shooter’s head
- No track-mounted power feed rails or wires to be impacted and damaged
- No debris in tracks to clean or interfere with target operation
- Speed control options – making it great for “Advance/Retreat” training exercises
- Easily programmable through a wireless controller, allowing uncomplicated intuitive screen operation for the most complex scenarios
- Targets are locally controlled using the Lane Controller (LC), or from a control room area using the Primary Master Control Computer
- A variety of maneuvers can be programmed to allow users to engage in an assortment of scenarios, helping them develop skill sets and train more effectively
- Basic and advanced user interfaces support the operator’s preferred courses of fire, whether basic qualifications or more advanced reactive and decision-making shooting exercises
- Includes 3/8” AR500 Front Armor Plate Prow
The XWT’s unique closed-track design provides smooth target transportation without collecting lead fragments, casings or other debris. The quiet, smooth, low-maintenance wireless carrier is easily operated and programmable, essential for successful training and usability.
XCT Target Retrieval System
Offering the ruggedness and stability of a track system with the simplicity of a non-turning target carrier, the XCT target carrier operates on an overhead monorail track, allowing smooth and rapid transport of the target up or down range in increments of feet, yards or meters. The XCT is operated via touch-screen controller at the firing line and provides a myriad of target commands at the touch of a button. The target carrier may be stopped at any distance from the firing line through the tablet.
Additional features include:
- Formed steel monorail track (up to 50 meters) which provides a stable platform for target transport
- Durable, low-profile target carrier with armored front plate made with 3/8” AR500 steel (armor prow) facing the shooter to limit damage from bullet impacts
- Enclosed drive unit offers easy accessibility to motor components
- Target holders attached to the target carrier for interchangeable offhand, kneeling and prone shooting, and differing types of targets
The XCT target retrieval system is suitable for handguns, submachine guns and shotguns, allowing a full spectrum of training and usage by customers. Target carriers are capable of holding everything from bull’s-eye to full-size police silhouette targets.
Classic gun target retrieval systems
The CEE and CEB target carriers offer the stability of a track system and the simplicity of a non-turning target carrier in an economical design. These fixed speed, electrically powered trolley wire target systems are operated manually via a forward-stop-return control switch located at the firing line.
Meggitt Training Systems offers a full array of target carriers for your shooting range. From the basic target retriever to a wireless target carrier, Meggitt can meet your requirements.